Our next block of Training sessions is
Feb. 17 - April 21, 2023
The German Shepherd Dog Club Training classes are held at the Animal Inn Training School.
Address: 8633 34th St N, Lake Elmo, MN 55042 Link to Map
- Increasing cleaning protocols during the day
- Additional hand sanitizing stations
- Front door and hallway will be an enter only
- Side doors will be primarily Exit doors
- Pulling up mats from doorways and to widen the hallway
- Removing all but a few chairs
- 2 large rings with space between them
- Only one handler per dog is allowed in the building - except minors in class needing a parent
- Social distancing in the building
- Restrooms available and sanitized several times per day and every evening
- Removing shared kennels - Instructors should crate out of their car or use portable during class
***If you are sick or somebody in your household is sick or has been exposed, please stay home. If we see anybody exhibiting symptoms, we have the right to ask them to leave.
This will be a fun and teachable time for you and your GSD! Don't miss out on the fun and sign-up today! Class size is limited!
Training Director: Terry Berg at firstname.lastname@example.org
Each Session – 8 classes: Members $125 / Non-members $150
Contact Training Director if you have questions: Terry Berg at email@example.comFill out the training application form and then send check payable to GSDCMSP to
Terry Berg, 6321 Concord Ave S, Edina MN 55424 Sign Up for Training Here
Attention: PayPal is now available for training classes
Please check class availability before making any obedience class PayPal payments.
Follow these steps when paying online:
- 1st Check class availability by emailing Terry Berg at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2nd Fill out application and save
- 3rd Use the PayPal buttons and follow PayPal instructions
- 4th Attach completed Application and PayPal receipt to one email and send to contact provided on application. Incomplete forms and missing attachments will not be processed
Rally is all about teamwork. You and your dog navigate a course together, side-by-side, at your own brisk pace. You move your dog through a course with signs where the dog and handler performs different exercises.
Rally 6:00 - 7:15 pm
Socializing your puppy is the key to ensuring you’ll have a happy, confident, and well-adjusted dog. Expose your puppy to different people, places, sights, and sounds.
Socialization only, no ring time - Members/Non-Members: One dog $5; Two or more $10
Puppy Socialization 6:00 - 6:45 pm
Puppy Obedience Class:
The puppy obedience class is designed for puppies between 8 weeks and 6 months of age. It is designed to teach the basic behaviors that make your dog a better member of the family and the community.
Puppy Obedience 6:00 - 6:45 pm
Beginner Obedience Class:
The beginner obedience course is designed for dogs and puppies at least 6 months of age. This is a block of 8 weekly lessons focused on teaching the handler/dog basic exercises of heeling, sits, stays, downs, recalls, stand for examination, and finishes. No previous training is required to participate in this class, but previous puppy socialization and basic leash training is desirable. Mandatory training equipment – 6ft. leash - leather preferred, slip collar or prong collar. Collars are available for purchase on site.
Beginner Obedience 7:00 - 7:45 pm
This class takes what was learned in beginner obedience and moves forward with more advanced handling techniques. New activities are also introduced but the emphasis is placed on perfecting each exercise prior to moving on - assuring the student’s and dog’s success. Mandatory training equipment – 6ft. leash - leather preferred, slip collar or prong collar. Collars are available for purchase on site.
Intermediate/Novice Obedience 8:00 - 8:45 pm